Reading: more information
- Try to set aside 10-15 mins as often as possible - to listen to your child read or share a book with them. Even 3-4 times a week is a great start.
- Join the library and visit as often as you can.
- Why not ask relatives to give a gift of a book for birthdays or Christmas? It could be that there is an audio book on a CD which could go with the book.
- Encourage any older siblings to share in the reading with or listening of younger ones read.
- Talk about the books you have read with them, ask them what their favourite part was and why. There are lots of other helpful hints in the Vipers section of the school website.