Through the School Partnerships programme, the Ogden Trust is providing funding, equipment, CPD and facilitate partnership working with other schools and Trusts in the UK.
Science at our School
Science essentially helps children to make sense of the world around them. Science allows children to acquire a body of knowledge which is supported by completing experimental tests and which is organised in a way that makes it easy to use. Science also provides children with the opportunity to access a practical way of finding reliable answers to questions we may ask about the world around us.
Aims and Objectives
- To nurture children’s natural inclination to explore the world and examine changes in the world.
- To ensure children acquire knowledge as a result of finding answers to questions about the world around them.
- To engage pupils with learning about science, using an array of techniques to link ideas with practical experiences.
- To support pupils to question and explore scientific issues that are likely to impact upon their own lives.
- To help pupils develop and evaluate scientific ideas, using a number of different scientific techniques, such as investigative skills.
- To have strong cross-curricular links and improves children’s communication skills, numeracy, problem solving and ICT skills.